BAYER IN ONCOLOGY
Transforming the lives of people impacted by cancer through science and innovation.
For 15 years, Bayer has been committed to the field of Oncology by researching and developing innovative medications and new therapeutic approaches that help make a difference to people’s lives. The oncology franchise at Bayer expands to several approved products and new assets in various stages of clinical development.
In Prostate Cancer:
XOFIGO® (Radium 223 dichloride), with 30% reduction in risk of death and AE profile comparable to placebo, XOFIGO® offers mCRPC patients a safe and effective treatment.1,2
NUBEQA® (darolutamide), the novel AR inhibitor for nmCRPC, extends both MFS and OS without compromising quality of life.3-6
Click here to read the SMPCs for XOFIGO, NUBEQA, VITRAKVI, NEXAVAR and STIVARGA: https://go.bayer.com/leaflets-onco
- Xofigo® (radium Ra 223 dichloride) solution for injection Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC), Bayer Pharma AG, 51368 Leverkusen, Germany, 2019.
- Parker C, Nilsson S, Heinrich D, et al. Alpha emitter radium-223 and survival in metastatic prostate cancer. N Engl J Med. 2013;369(3):213-223.
- NUBEQA® darolutamide ) [summary of product characteristics]. 51368 Leverkusen, Germany: Bayer AG; March 2020.
- Fizazi K, Shore N, Tammela TL, et al. Darolutamide in Nonmetastatic, Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer, New Engl J Med 2019 380:13 (1235 1246).
- Fizazi K, Shore N, Tammela TL, et al. Nonmetastatic, Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer and Survival with Darolutamide , New Engl J Med 2020 383:11 (1040 1049).
- Ito Y, Sadar MD. Enzalutamide and blocking andrgen receptor in advanced prostate cancer: lessons learnt from the history of drug development of antiandrog ens . Res Rep Urol . 2018;10:23-32.